Reiki Level 1 Course
This two-day course will open you to the flow of Reiki,
enabling you to use Reiki for self-healing and on friends and family
The practice of Reiki is an original method of healing developed by Mikao Usui in Japan early in the 20th century.
Reiki is a natural healing energy that works on every level, not just the physical, and is understood to promote the body’s regenerative self-healing ability.
Reiki treatment is non-invasive and is used holistically to restore balance in mind, body and spirit.
This course for beginners is a combination of talks, discussion and experience; it integrates the Japanese style and the western style as introduced by Takata Sensei.
It has been designed to empower Reiki students to develop through personal growth, self-development and reflection.
You will receive a traditional and individual Reiki Level 1 attunement which will allow you to be opened and aligned to the Reiki energy and enable you to channel Reiki for life.
Content of the Reiki Level 1 Course
Guided Learning of Reiki Level 1 is 16 hours of education and training under the Immediate Guidance and Supervision of a Reiki Master and Teacher.
Day 1 (8 hours)
- — The history of Reiki and the development of the Reiki styles practised
- — Japanese and Western definitions of Reiki
- — Energy and Healing: foundations and guidelines for Energy Healing
- — The Reiki Principles
- — Benefits of Reiki
- — The Reiki Lineage to Usui Sensei
- — Reiki attunements: what they are and how they were given by Usui, Hayashi and Takata
- — The types of Reiki practice: hands on the body, hands neat the body, from a distance
- — The complete hand placement system for self-healing
- — The importance of the Practitioner using self-treatment
- — An introduction to the Human Energy System: Aura, Chakra and Meridians
- — Reiki Level 1 attunement
Day 2 (8 hours)
- — The structure of a Reiki session: how to prepare yourself, the space, and the importance of explaining Reiki treatment to a recipient
- — Japanese Reiki Techniques taught by Dr. Usui, inclusive of: Gassho meditation; Reiji-ho: to develop intuition and inner guidance, allowing you to know how and where to treat; Koki-ho: Using the breath to heal; Gyoshi-ho: sending Reiki with the eyes
- — Kenyoku: Dry bathing, a method to purify your energy field
- — Byosen Scan: Using the sensitivity in the hands to locate areas needing healing, (usually in the aura) and to treat them
- — Hayashi Healing Guide
- — How Hawayo Takata Practiced and Taught Reiki
- — The twelve hand positions
- — Introduction to anatomy for Reiki
- — Giving Reiki to animals, plants, crystals, food and water
- — The relationship of Reiki treatment to other healthcare practices
- — Reiki treatments in cancer care and hospices
- — Reiki Level 1 Certificate and Lineage
At the end of this course, you will feel energy and understand how energy works, you will have a basic knowledge of the human energy field, the chakras, and you will be able to give treatments to yourself and to family and friends.
This course includes a comprehensive course manual “Reiki Level 1 – The Usui Method of Natural Healing”, William Lee Rand’s “Reiki The Healing Touch – First and Second Degree Manual’, an internationally recognised Reiki Level 1 certificate and also support through the monthly Reiki Circle events.
Reiki Level 1 is a pre-requisite to register for the Reiki Level 2 course.
Accreditation and Memberships
The Reiki Level 1 qualification makes you eligible to become a member of various professional Reiki Associations in the United Kingdom, such as the UK Reiki Federation, Reiki Council and the Reiki Association.
Overton House at 74 Castlebar Road is an elegant red-brick, neo-gothic house build in 1897. This is a typically Victorian Suburban house, containing 19th century stained glass, floor tiles, and carved wood features. The extensive gardens at the side and behind the house lead to the Ealing Abbey monastery and Church, and have a variety of trees, including banana, strawberry tree and olive.
Teacher: Giancarlo Serra
Giancarlo is a fully accredited Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher and a Holy Fire® III, Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher. He has been trained by William Lee Rand, Founder of the International Center for Reiki Training, completing the ART/Master Reiki training at Mount Kurama in Japan and the Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher class in Jerusalem, Israel. He is also a qualified Spiritual Healer accredited by the College of Psychic Studies in London, UK.
Giancarlo currently teaches courses and workshops in the UK and overseas and also runs a private practice in London. He is also a fully accredited Spiritual Healer and a Consultant Healer of the College of Psychic Studies in London.
I had never attended a course anything like this before, I was worried I may not feel anything, but how wrong I was. I have been overwhelmed with the feelings of energy passing through me. Giancarlo is very knowledgeable, calm and caring - making everything simple to understand. I would recommend this course unreservedly and in particular Giancarlo.
Giancarlo is a beacon of light in an ocean of darkness. At some time, we all need to find a beacon of light to help us on the way. The beacon shines bright because it is lit by the love in his heart. If you work with people who come from such a place of love, then you cannot fail to find the path.
Giancarlo is an amazing teacher. He delivered all the contents of Reiki 1 in a very professional, calm and serene manner. I felt relaxed during the whole course and I wanted to learn more. Can’t wait for Reiki 2 with him. I loved learning about dealing with Reiki energy to heal others. The energy flow is truly an experience in its own. The Reiki 1 course has been a beautiful learning experience for me and my spiritual journey and I have realised that when we put our good intentions to help others, good things come to us to help others even more.
I believe the universe guided me to Giancarlo to fulfill my passion to learn Reiki. He is a patient and kind Master and an excellent host and teacher of this wonderful therapy. I am looking forward to completing my Reiki 2 with him.
Payments can be made through PayPal’s secure server via credit/debit card or bank transfer. Alternatively you may pay via BACS to our bank account. The class payment must be completed one week before the start of the course.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you wish to cancel a booking. Cancellations made 14 days before the course start date will be refunded, less a 25% cancellation fee. We are unable to refund cancellations made with less than 14 days’ notice, however the money paid may be transferred to another class within six months.